Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Radio
___________
Newspaper, Magazine
Morning and Evening News, CNN.com
__________________________________
Books, textbooks
In-theater movies, special cable channels
Art galleries, museums, exhibits, film shows
________________________________________
Television and film
DVD movies and made for TV movies
iPod, iTunes, podcasts, music videos, texting, AIM
_______________________________________________
Computer and Internet:
Facebook, Albright e-mail, personal e-mail, wikipedia, Google
Youtube, humor sites (collegehumor etc.), IMDB, Flickr, blogs

I will be the first to admit, that my media diet is not exactly balanced or healthy, I suppose you could say. I know for a fact that I spend far too much time on Facebook and yet I still manage to obtain information about the world. If I am not watching the news, someone else out there will be, and it will undoubtedly end up in his or her status. My dad also frequently updates me through texting because he knows I will check my phone before the news any day. I know my media diet is like this because I choose it to be and I have the power to change it, but I may need a push in the right direction. I purposely avoid things like the radio; I don’t even listen to traffic reports, which is probably a bad idea. I pride myself on my movie and music knowledge as well as my visits to art exhibits. However, I need to watch the news on occasions other than major events, like an airplane landing in the Hudson.

1 comment:

  1. This pyramid reminds me a lot of my own pyramid and online habits. I visit Facebook a million times a day and am obsessed with celebrity blogs instead of devoting time to the "important" stuff.

    ReplyDelete