Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Media Pyramid

In-theater movies
______________________

Magazines – Textbooks
Books – The Albrightian
Early morning talk shows
Specialized cable channels

____________________________________________________

The Times of Trenton – Action News – facebook.com
msn.com – variety of country and hit music stations – ipod
_______________________________________________________________

perezhilton.com – Albright and personal e-mail – people.com – instant message – texting
nascar.com – primetime network television – USA Today – jayski.com – The Trentonian


The first level of my media pyramid represents media that I use everyday and read thoroughly. Many of the website I access more than once a day because they are always being updated and I like to be the first in the know. Even though most of the news in both the USA Today and The Trentonian can be found online in different venues I still like to read them to a get a different and even sometimes more accurate account then what has been reported online. I also like to read the special columns in both. When I am here at school I do not have access to a hard copy of The Trentonian, as it is my hometown newspaper, so I read that online while I am here and in print at home for all of my local news. I use texting and instant messaging to talk to my friends and family all day several times a day.
The second level of my media pyramid represents media that I use on a daily basis, but often do not detailed pay attention to. My homepage for Internet Explorer is set to msn.com, and I often skim through the headlines but only click on articles that interest me. I access facebook.com several times a day but only really pay attention when someone has written to be or invited me to an event. I listen to music several times during the day using my ipod and the radio, but I often do not pay much attention as I am usually doing other things. Action News is usually something that I have on in the background while I am making dinner and generally only pay attention to the weather report. I access The Times to get another perspective on my local news as The Trentonian is usually considered to be a tabloid.
The third level of my pyramid is media that I use weekly. Classes require reading from textbooks but it is usually only one reading per week, which I can have done in one day. I read a lot of magazines but with classes and homework I can only read them in my spare time. I usually only watch specialized cable channels when there is nothing else on television and they have something that I find interesting or entertaining. The fourth level of my pyramid represents media that I use on a monthly basis. I really enjoy going to the movie theater, but with cost and time constraints it is something that I usually only do once or twice a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment