Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Media Pyramid

Kevin Brogan



My media pyramid is exactly how it looks. I am a huge sports fan, and watch ESPN constantly. It is on almost all day, and usually at night when I fall asleep. Hence, being my most watched show, it is the base of my pyramid. The next biggest sources are the internet: Facebook, Comcast, and SI.com. They are my three most visited websites, and I use them a lot in my free time. After that is funny TV, namely the Simpsons and Family Guy being two of the funniest shows I have ever seen. Judging from my first two layers, it speaks I don’t care much for politics, which is true. After that, it is my cell phone which I use to check sports constantly, NBC, due to my preference of their news coverage and Jay Leno (and all late night TV on the station), and an AP logo because most websites I get stories from, they were contributed by the Associated Press. My last level is the Philadelphia Inquirer, which I rarely read. When I do, I find the comics, crosswords, and cryptograms real quick.

6 comments:

  1. Family Guy rocks! It has to be THE BEST show on the planet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading the description on why kevin chose to put the pyrmaid in this order. It turns out we have things in common, for example we both enjoy ESPN and facebook. also when or if I do read the Philly Inquirer i also go straight for the crossword puzzles and comics. Kevin's pyramid was very crafty and had an awesome design concept.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how honest you were about how you spend most of your time consuming media dealing with sports and that you have a distaste for politics. I noticed however, that you don't list music on here at all. Considering I am a college student I know from my own personal experience that most college students listen to music in some capacity whether the radio, an ipod, cd's, or something like that. I was wondering if music played any part in your media consumption? If it does why did you omit it from your pyramid, what made you forget to include it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first thing that really caught my eye was the images, but more specifically how many different images were in your pyramid. In reading your response I have to say that I read things from the Associated Press all the time and it never occured to me to put it on my own pyramid. It does remind me that the AP is a huge part of media and many people forget that they are a separate media outlet because they appear in so many other media outlets. I thought that was great thinking on your part! However, in looking at your media I thought maybe you come into contact with other forms of media as this pyramid seems kind of limited to specific sections. I do realize that everyone is different, meaning they do not consume the same amount of media, and that your pyramid was image oriented so there may not have been room for all the media that you come into contact with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just separate music from media. I listen to it all the time, but I don't consider listening to music a way to access information. So I left it out...just me being picky.

    ReplyDelete