Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Jay Media Pyramid

Books



Facebook
Real Estate Websites
AIM



Health
Seventeen
Cosmo
Sports Illustrated



Pop/Rap Q102.5
Oldies B 101.1
Country 105.1 & 92.5



6 ABC
CW
MTV
ESPN Basketball & High Lights


Jay Warker
The media pyramid I have created shows my life in a base of a week. The television is always on in the background when I am in my room. I always watch it before I go to bed and I find it relaxing. The radio is the second most media I use. I am in my car a lot driving from practice to my house, to campus or even if it is driving all the way home to see my family.
Headlines on magazines can grab my attention and that will make me want to read the articles. I like the sport and health magazine because I am an athlete and the other two are more girly and about glitz and glam. When it comes to the computer I am rarely online and books I have just never been a big fan or reading. I find that the pyramid works for me because it is the way my life really is. I feel now that television has improved with Plasma televisions more people watch it. As technology improves books and magazines will become obsolete.

2 comments:

  1. Your pyramid is interesting. ESPN, MTV, and ABC all on the same level is an interesting combination. I do like the combination of layering where you go from TV to radio to magazines to Internet to books, and show your progression. I'm shocked there is a college student who doesn't have the internet real close to the base. I do have to agree with ESPN though. Best channel, period.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are very well rounded when it comes to the different types of media you use. Although, I do find it a little shocking that you do not use the internet as much as many other college students I know use it. However; this class might actually enlighten you to use the internet more and to explore it more. I hope that is what this class will do for me! I think it is great that you read health magazines to keep you updated on what is going on in the health industy especially because you are an athlete and it is important for you as an althlete to stay healthy.

    ReplyDelete